Okay so Easter weekend is over with, and things are returning to usual and as we return to our reality and stress levels yet again start to climb. As I make a list of things that need to get done, blog posts that need to be made and youtube videos that need to be filmed, edited and uploaded, I could feel that stress and anxiety becoming worse.
With that being said, I decided that I was going to make a video based on my top 5 tips on coming out of a depressed state or when I feel like I'm starting to slip into one of these states my tips on how to avoid hitting rock bottom.
So with that being said, I will be posting a video on my channel in a couple days on how I managed to come back to reality without hitting rock bottom the second we returned to reality and I would like to hear what you all do to ease yourself back into reality or what you do when you're feeling down and just about at rock bottom.
SO here are my top 5 tips that I do when I need to regather myself and get back on track!
- 1) Make a list! yes, I know that this may seem to add anxiety or overwhelm you just a tad bit more but, allowing yourself to see what has to be done or what you think needs to be done, may actually help you find your starting part. For example, if you're looking at a disaster of a house after days or longer of not cleaning making a list and finding out which task is the most important can really help you get started, and sometimes even show you things you thought you needed to do but in the end, you realize that you don't need to do a specific thing.
- 2) Do something! if you can only muster a small amount of energy, tackle the smallest thing on your list. rather than be "Have a shower" or Do one load of laundry! as long as you do something your going in the right direction and can cross that off your list which allows you to see your progress. what might be a no-brainer to one person might just be all the next person can do, so don't worry about what others are doing and just do what you can do because doing something small is better than doing nothing at all.
- 3)Don't worry!! don't worry about what you don't get done, focus on what you were able to accomplish today! sitting there focusing on the negative and things you were not able to do will not help you find the positive vibes you need to pull yourself up, instead... focus on what you have done, find the positive in the bad and run with it!!
- 4) Take time to be grateful! even if you only have two minutes a day, take time to be thankful and think of reasons to be grateful, thankful and happy!! again bringing out the positive out of the bad situation will always help you raise your mood even if it's ever so sightly, at least it's getting better a little at a time!
- 5) TIME!!! allow yourself to have time to heal, recover from whatever is pulling you down! if you need to take a day and just stare at a wall with a coffee in your hand or sit in a bubble bath and relax... you need to allow your mental mindset to heal before you can move forward so take a deep breath and do what ever it is that your body needs to do. rushing yourself to get things done will not help you get better so take your time!!